HSIE Coordinator (History, Geography, Aboriginal Studies)
- Commencing January 2023
- Three year 2-point coordinator appointment, ongoing teaching role
A unique opportunity exists for an experienced and dynamic HSIE Coordinator to join our school community. As HSIE Coordinator you will be responsible for leading a faculty of inspired teachers, ensuring high standards of learning and teaching are maintained and continuing a culture of success within your team.
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge of the NSW Syllabus for History, Geography and Aboriginal Studies
- Demonstrated capacity to design and implement curriculum programs to improve outcomes for students of all abilities
- Experience as an inspirational classroom practitioner and in the delivery of high-quality teaching and learning programs in Stages 4 to 6 HSIE.
- The ability to drive academic improvement and results
- A strong knowledge and understanding of evidence-based teaching and learning
- A demonstrated capacity to lead others and support staff members to achieve their best potential
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with an ability to work collaboratively, mentor, guide and advise staff and students
- An understanding of appropriate behaviours and professional boundaries that reflect child safeguarding values in practice
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning and formation
Applications (including cover letter addressing the above criteria and resume) should be addressed to the Principal, Dr. Michael Blowes using the Employment Application Form. Interviews will be scheduled as applications are received.
Christian Brothers’ High School, Lewisham is committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and dignity of all children and young people. All applicants will be subject to school and legislative screening procedures. These checks are consistent with our commitment to child protection policies and procedures.
Evidence of a valid Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance will be required prior to employment. Applications will only be considered from applicants who have the right to work in Australia.