The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award
Each year, CBHS students over 14 are offered the opportunity to undertake The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award through the school.
The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is an internationally recognised program for young people, building their skills to equip them for life and work. By creating opportunities for young people to develop skills, get physically active, give service and experience adventure, the Award can play a critical role in their development.
To achieve an Award, each student must learn a skill, improve their physical wellbeing, volunteer in their community and experience a team adventure in a new environment over a minimum 6-month period.
The Award’s proven, four part framework allows young people to discover their purpose, passion and place in the world and equips them for work and life, no matter their circumstances.
The Honourable Gary Nairn AO Chairman, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award – Australia
Through this challenging journey of self-discovery students:
- are equipped and empowered to achieve their personal best
- learn to take responsibility for their goals and choices
- become connected to and actively engaged within their immediate community
- make a real difference to society through their positive contributions and involvement
- learn to persevere and overcome barriers to success
- learn important life skills
- increase career opportunities