Working at CBHS
At Christian Brothers’ High School Lewisham we focus on the boy and grow the man.
We understand boys’ unique learning styles and support each student on their own journey. As a non-selective school, we are committed to providing quality education to every student throughout their time at the school.
Catering to 1,350 boys from Year 5 to Year 12 our school provides an inclusive education that combines academic pursuits, spirituality and social justice. We aim develop young men of integrity and compassion who will become valued members of the community.
As a Christian Brothers’ school, we teach in the tradition of the Blessed Edmund Rice and are committed to instilling all of our students with the four touchstones of an Edmund Rice education:
- Inclusive Community
- Liberating Education
- Gospel Spirituality
- Justice and Solidarity
As an independent school in the Edmund Rice tradition, you will not need to register with Sydney Catholic schools to work with us. As an added bonus we do not have sport on the weekend.
Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.
What You Need to Know
Our school is an Equal Opportunity employer and we are committed to Child Safety. All applicants should be aware that we carry out a combination of working with children checks, reference checks and police checks to ensure we are recruiting the right people.
All applications for permanent, temporary and casual employment opportunities should consist of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV outlining your qualifications, experience and skills
- Specific statements addressing the essential and desirable criteria (where applicable)
- Certified academic transcripts
- Statements of Service
- The names, telephone numbers and email addresses of three referees
- A current Working with Children number
- A current Police Check
All Teacher roles are required to have:
- Qualifications and experience teaching across relevant stages
- Current knowledge of NESA curriculum, HSC assessment and marking processes
- Current NESA Accreditation
- Current NSW Working with Children Check
- All teaching applicants will need to address the following additional selection criteria:-
- Commitment to the ethos and values of the School
- Demonstrated evidence of excellence as a teacher
- Demonstrated interest in boys’ education
- Demonstrated collaboration and team work with other professionals
- Willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school
Referrals Welcome: If any of our roles look like the perfect fit for someone you know, please don’t hesitate to forward this on to them.
Recruitment related queries can be sent to HR@cbhslewisham.nsw.edu.au
- Commencing January 2022
- Three-year coordinator appointment, ongoing teacher role
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic TAS Coordinator to join our school community. As TAS Coordinator you will be responsible for leading a faculty of inspired teachers, ensuring high standards of learning and teaching are maintained and continuing a culture of success within your team built on innovation and contemporary teaching practices.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated expertise and leadership in the implementation of NSW Syllabus for the Australian Curriculum in Technologies.
- Demonstrated capacity to design and implement curriculum programs to improve outcomes for students of all abilities
- Experience as an inspirational classroom practitioner and in the delivery of high-quality teaching and learning programs in Stages 4 to 6 Technology.
- The ability to drive academic improvement and results in all areas leading up to the HSC
- A strong knowledge and understanding of evidence-based teaching and learning
- A demonstrated capacity to lead others and support staff members to achieve their best potential
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with an ability to work collaboratively, mentor, guide and advise staff and students
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning and formation
Applications (including cover letter and resume) should be addressed to the Principal, Dr. Michael Blowes, using the Employment Application Form.
Applications are due by 4pm Monday 1 November 2021.
If you are interested in this role, please apply as soon as appropriate as interviews will be scheduled as applications are received.
Applications are always welcome if you are interested in casual work, please complete the Employment Application Form. Your application should be addressed to The Principal – MS Word and PDF attachments are preferred.
Please note that all information you submit is subject to our Privacy Guidelines which are outlined here.