Working at CBHS
At Christian Brothers’ High School Lewisham we focus on the boy and grow the man.
We understand boys’ unique learning styles and support each student on their own journey. As a non-selective school, we are committed to providing quality education to every student throughout their time at the school.
Catering to, 1,350 boys from Year 5 to Year 12 our school provides an inclusive education that combines academic pursuits, spirituality and social justice. We aim develop young men of integrity and compassion who will become valued members of the community.
As a Christian Brothers’ school, we teach in the tradition of the Blessed Edmund Rice and are committed to instilling all of our students with the four touchstones of an Edmund Rice education:
- Inclusive Community
- Liberating Education
- Gospel Spirituality
- Justice and Solidarity
As an independent school in the Edmund Rice tradition, you will not need to register with Sydney Catholic schools to work with us. As an added bonus we do not have sport on the weekend.
Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.
What You Need to Know
Our school is an Equal Opportunity employer and we are committed to Child Safety. All applicants should be aware that we carry out a combination of working with children checks, reference checks and police checks to ensure we are recruiting the right people.
All applications for permanent, temporary and casual employment opportunities should consist of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV outlining your qualifications, experience and skills
- Specific statements addressing the essential and desirable criteria (where applicable)
- Certified academic transcripts
- Statements of Service
- The names, telephone numbers and email addresses of three referees
- A current Working with Children number
- A current Police Check
All Teacher roles are required to have:
- Qualifications and experience teaching across relevant stages
- Current knowledge of NESA curriculum, HSC assessment and marking processes
- Current NESA Accreditation
- Current NSW Working with Children Check
- All teaching applicants will need to address the following additional selection criteria:-
- Commitment to the ethos and values of the School
- Demonstrated evidence of excellence as a teacher
- Demonstrated interest in boys’ education
- Demonstrated collaboration and team work with other professionals
- Willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school
Referrals Welcome: If any of our roles look like the perfect fit for someone you know, please don’t hesitate to forward this on to them.
Recruitment related queries can be sent to HR@cbhslewisham.nsw.edu.au
Visual Arts and TAS (Junior Technology) Teacher
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Teachers who have the capacity to teach Visual Arts and junior Technology. We are looking for an experienced educator who is able to build connections between the curriculum and the classroom through engaging and innovative teaching practice.
- Qualifications and experience teaching Visual Arts and Technology
- You have a strong knowledge of contemporary pedagogy
- You have current knowledge of the NESA curriculum in your area of teaching expertise
- You possess demonstrated evidence of excellence as a classroom teacher with an ongoing commitment to your own professional learning
- You engage in collaborative teaching practices
- You’re interested in meeting the educational and wellbeing needs of young men
- You are willing to support the Catholic ethos of the School
Applications (including a cover letter and CV) should be addressed to the Principal, Dr. Michael Blowes and sent to email@example.com
Applications will only be considered from applicants who have the right to work in Australia, appropriate NESA accreditation and retention of a valid Working with Children Check. Any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory employment background screening.
Applications are due by 4pm Wednesday 15 September 2021.
Applications are always welcome if you are interested in casual work, please complete the Employment Application Form. Your application should be addressed to The Principal – MS Word and PDF attachments are preferred.
Please note that all information you submit is subject to our Privacy Guidelines which are outlined here.