Working at CBHS
At Christian Brothers’ High School Lewisham we focus on the boy and grow the man.
We understand boys’ unique learning styles and support each student on their own journey. As a non-selective school, we are committed to providing quality education to every student throughout their time at the school.
Catering to, 1,350 boys from Year 5 to Year 12 our school provides an inclusive education that combines academic pursuits, spirituality and social justice. We aim develop young men of integrity and compassion who will become valued members of the community.
As a Christian Brothers’ school, we teach in the tradition of the Blessed Edmund Rice and are committed to instilling all of our students with the four touchstones of an Edmund Rice education:
- Inclusive Community
- Liberating Education
- Gospel Spirituality
- Justice and Solidarity
As an independent school in the Edmund Rice tradition, you will not need to register with Sydney Catholic schools to work with us. As an added bonus we do not have sport on the weekend.
Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.
What You Need to Know
Our school is an Equal Opportunity employer and we are committed to Child Safety. All applicants should be aware that we carry out a combination of working with children checks, reference checks and police checks to ensure we are recruiting the right people.
All applications for permanent, temporary and casual employment opportunities should consist of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV outlining your qualifications, experience and skills
- Specific statements addressing the essential and desirable criteria (where applicable)
- Certified academic transcripts
- Statements of Service
- The names, telephone numbers and email addresses of three referees
- A current Working with Children number
- A current Police Check
All Teacher roles are required to have:
- Qualifications and experience teaching across relevant stages
- Current knowledge of NESA curriculum, HSC assessment and marking processes
- Current NESA Accreditation
- Current NSW Working with Children Check
- All teaching applicants will need to address the following additional selection criteria:-
- Commitment to the ethos and values of the School
- Demonstrated evidence of excellence as a teacher
- Demonstrated interest in boys’ education
- Demonstrated collaboration and team work with other professionals
- Willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school
Referrals Welcome: If any of our roles look like the perfect fit for someone you know, please don’t hesitate to forward this on to them.
Religious Education Coordinator
Start Date: January 2021
Contract Type: 3 year REC appointment, ongoing teaching role
Classification: Coordinator 2
Applications Close: Friday 6 November 2020
Christian Brothers’ High School Lewisham understands the unique learning needs of boys and supports each student on their own journey. As non-selective school we are committed to providing quality education to all students.
Catering to boys from Year 5 to Year 12 our school provides an inclusive educational experience. Combining education, spirituality and social justice we aim to develop young men of integrity and compassion who will become valued members of the community. At Christian Brothers’ High School Lewisham, we focus on the boy to grow the man.
Applications are invited from suitably experienced educators who can contribute to the development of the school as a place of faith and learning. The Religious Education Coordinator has a focused responsibility on the coordination and supervision of teaching and learning across all stages in Religious Education.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong knowledge of Religious Education pedagogy and knowledge of the Religious Education curriculum
- The ability to lead Religious Education in all aspects of curriculum development and implementation
- Experience in driving a school culture which imbeds the ethos and values of its charism
- An understanding and evidence of embedding contemporary learning theory and practice in Religious Education
- A demonstrated ability in building professional relationships and working in collaboration with colleagues
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning and formation
This role will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for appropriate NESA accreditation and retention of a valid Working with Children Check.
Applications (including cover letter addressing the above criteria and resume) should be addressed to the Acting Principal, Ms. Lucie Farrugia, and sent to HR@cbhslewisham.nsw.edu.au by close of business Friday 6 November 2020.
Casual Teachers – applications always welcome
If you are interested in casual work, please complete the Employment Application Form.
Your application should be addressed to The Principal – MS Word and PDF attachments are preferred.
Please note that all information you submit is subject to our Privacy Guidelines which are outlined here.